Feature requests

Jan 6, 2009 at 1:35 AM
First, thank you for taking the time to create this application. I use
it and love it.

I have a couple of ideas which might help this out.

1. I have noticed that the options for the rules do not include "disable." It would be helpful if you could include a flag on the rule, for Enabled/Disabled. To that end, a user could just disable the rule until they needed it, then re-enable it, without having to delete the rule and then re-create it every time.

2. I'm pretty sure there is a way to make Windows re-scan the registry (programs do this regularly; for example, I know that printers are registered via the Windows Registry hive). I don't know for certain, but maybe this is done by a COM+ object? I do not know. But maybe there is a way to do this via .NET somehow.

I worked a little with C# back in VS 2003, but it has been forever since I have touched any Windows-based programming. So I'm not completely sure about issue #2.

Thanks again. I hope this finds its way into the code base. I don't have a lot of time on my hands, but I do have an MSDN subscription, so if no one else has time to investigate these two issues, I might eventually be able to try.